The Boogle is now accepting submissions for the Page One Fiction Contest! We are looking for the most gripping first page we can find!
THE BOOGLE’S PAGE ONE FICTION CONTEST
DEADLINE: Midnight CST June 7th
- Is the page extremely well written?
- Did the author clearly define the situation, premise and characters?
- Does the reader want to continue?
WINNER RECEIVES: An expedited review on The Boogle plus a review on amazon touting your book as an award winner. Plus the book will be featured on The Boogle along with an author’s biography and supporting links. And more importantly, you will win the glory and bragging rights of having written an award winning book.
RUNNER UP: Runners up will also be featured on the site with an author’s bio and supporting links.
- Free! No entry fee!
- Submit the first page of your novel: the novel must be in print or currently in the printing stage – it cannot be a work in progress.
- Submit the first page only – we realize that some 1st pages start halfway down while other start at the top. This can be the difference between submitting 200 words or 400. Yes, that is a factor but please realize there are benefits to both!
- Multiple entries are accepted as long as they are for separate novels and meet the guidelines listed here.
- Multiple entries must be submitted separately.
- Entry must be written in English.
- Once submitted, entries cannot be altered.
- Late entries will not be considered.
- The Boogle may change the rules at any time!! Not really, but please understand that we do have final say.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Email Page One of your novel as an attachment, or copied into the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Page One” in the subject line.
Include your name and the name of your novel plus your website or link to where the novel is sold.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: by June 15th
Please email Mark at email@example.com if questions arise, or post them as a comment below.